Tuesday, December 13, 2011

True Joy - Rocky Dwyer

Breath Prayer and Words for the Day:  God delights in me; I delight in God.


This advent season I wish I could find the words to say to let God know how much He has touched my life. But rather I find myself in the exact same place as last year. From a lack of my determination I’m less than half as close as I want to be with him.  I wish I could say without reservation every day I delight in God but I can’t.  Between the challenges going on in the world, my family, friends, and myself it’s hard to muster a hardy Joy To The World.  I’m that unthankful child looking under the Christmas tree at my gifts and saying “That’s IT!!!” I want more and something better than all of this I see.  When I reflect though on the Christmas story that the greatest of gifts come in usual ways and may not be what I wanted but what I needed.  This Christmas I will not find the words to tell God how much he has touched my life because I don’t fully realize all that God has done and my words will fail to come close to showing my appreciation.  It is hard to imagine that the God of the Universe delights in me.  Yet a baby boy born over 2000 years ago brings witness to this fact.  That gift is all I need to find the source of true joy.  Joy to the world indeed for the Lord is come!  That is something I can truly delight in!