Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Our Savior Always - Rocky Dwyer

24 Hours That Changed the World: "Betrayed with a Kiss"



You know there were eleven other disciples that betrayed Jesus that night.  Judas was the one who helped Jesus get arrested and but the others did very little to stand up for their teacher and friend.  Jesus was betrayed in multiple ways that night.  Yet it was Judas who never fully grasped Jesus teachings of love and forgiveness.  It was after fully realizing what he had done that Judas was over taken by such pain and anguish that he sought the only way he knew how to end it. The other eleven did betray Jesus that night but they sought a different way to deal with the pain. 
There have been too many times that I have turned my back on Jesus and even allowed others to take him away.  Each time I was left with an empty feeling and wondering how I could ever look him in the face again.  When I finally muster the courage to do so, I find he has been waiting on me with a warm embrace and despite all I have done my relationship with Jesus can never be broken.  I hope for those of you reading this that you never under estimate God’s love for you.  There might be times we turn away, betray, forget, become angry, and everything else that we choose to deny Christ but know Jesus will never deny knowing you.  His steadfast love truly endures forever.